VIRGINIA BEACH – With the school year heading into its final quarter, the School Board has listed its tentative plans for the next few months. The Board plans to finalize its budget and hear recommendations from a task force on student discipline and a committee on grading practices, among other tasks.
Here are some of the items coming up:
- April 5 – Partnerships & School Counseling Support for Military Connected Children workshop; approve the amended budget and resolution regarding transfers; discuss the local plan and budget for Career and Technical Education.
- April 19 – Student Discipline Task Force Recommendations workshop.
- May 3 – School Board tour of the new Old Donation School; approve the budget true-up, which takes into account any last-minute funds the city and/or state made available.
- May 17 – Fair and Equitable Grading Practices Committee recommendations; proposal from the Virginia School Boards Association on legislative positions, if there are any.
- June 7 – Planning and Growth Innovation update.
- June 21 – Retreat planning workshop; 2015-2016 Gifted Education advisory committee update.
Dates are subject to change and other topics may be added as needed. The School Board meets the first and third Tuesdays of the month, with a workshop usually beginning at 4 p.m. and a formal session following at 6 p.m. in the School Administration Building.