The next two months will feature several noteworthy presentations and votes for the Virginia Beach School Board, on topics ranging from grading policies and naming a new school building to next school year’s calendar. Here are some of those important dates and topics:
- Jan. 5: School Board elects its chair and vice-chair for 2016.
- Jan. 19: Workshop on the board’s long-range budget priorities, and a presentation from the Calendar Committee on its recommendations.
- Feb. 2: Workshop on recommendations from a task force on student discipline, and a report from the Building Utilization Committee.
- Feb. 16: Public hearing on the operating budget for fiscal year 2016-2017 and the capital improvement budget for 2016-2017 through 2021-2022.
- March 1: Update from the Fair and Equitable Grading Practices Committee, a vote on the name for the new Kemps Landing/Old Donation Center school, and a potential vote on the district’s next operating and capital improvement budget.
The dates are subject to change. For the most up-to-date agenda on the next meeting, click here.