Museum’s across the nation will be participating in the Smithsonian Magazine’s annual Museum Day, offering free admission for up to two people with each ticket.
On Sept. 21, the public will get a chance to enter participating museums without paying the usual entry fee.
There are several museums in Hampton Roads participating in this year’s event.
Each Museum Day ticket provides free entry for two people, download a ticket here.
On the Southside
The following museums are participating in Museum Day in Norfolk and Virginia Beach.
- Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art
- Virginia Beach History Museums- Francis Land House
- Hermitage Museum & Gardens
- Cape Henry Lighthouse
On the Peninsula
The following museums are participating in Museum Day in Williamsburg and Hampton.
- Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum
- Art Museums of Colonial Williamsburg
- DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum
- Virginia Musical Museum & Hall of Fame
- Hampton History Museum
Didn’t find one near you? Click here to find more participating museums.
To find out more information about Museum Day and the Smithsonian Magazine, click here.