Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of Aug. 18 to Aug. 24.
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia.org, download the 511VA smartphone app, or dial 511.
- Single-lane closures eastbound, on Aug. 21-22, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel, I-664
- Single-lane closure southbound, on Aug. 18-20, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures southbound, on Aug. 20, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Single-lane closure northbound, on Aug. 19-22, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures, on Aug. 19-21, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot exit (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242) on Aug. 18-22, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. westbound and from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. eastbound.
- With assistance from Virginia State Police, there will also be a series of temporary stoppages on I-64 west, lasting no longer than 20 minutes each, for bridge work at the Lakeshead Drive overpass on Aug. 20-21, between midnight and 5 a.m.
- Daytime lane closures under flagger control on Lakeshead Drive at I-64 overpass on Aug. 19-23, from 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 in both directions between South Military Highway and Greenbrier Parkway:
- Aug. 18-22, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Aug. 23, from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Aug. 24, from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Express lanes will be closed:
- Aug. 19-23, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Aug. 23-24, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Double-lane closure on I-64 east between Yorktown Road (exit 247) and Fort Eustis Boulevard (exit 250), on Aug. 18-19, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Double-lane closure on I-64 west from Indian River Road (exit 286) to the Twin Bridges, on Aug. 19-22, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Full closure of the I-264 east mainline/inside lanes from Military Highway (exit 13) to Newtown Road (exit 15), and the I-64 east ramp to I-264 east on Aug. 16-19 and on Aug. 23-26, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Traffic will be detoured to the collector-distributor road (outside set) of I-264 east. The flyover ramp (exit 284A) from I-64 east to I-264 east will also close during this detour, with a diversion to exit 284B. The I-64 reversible HOV lanes will reverse to westbound as early as 10 p.m. during this detour.