NORFOLK — The Caribfest Parade and Festival will be taking place Saturday which means there will be road closures along the downtown route.
Traffic restrictions for the Caribfest Parade will include the following:
- Westbound Waterside Drive will close at St. Paul’s Boulevard.
- Southbound Boush Street will be diverted east onto City Hall Avenue.
- Southbound Martin’s Lane, Atlantic Street and Commercial Place will be closed at Main Street.
- Water Street will be closed from noon to 4 p.m. between Waterside Drive and Park Avenue.
Parade units will stage in Harbor Park parking lots beginning at 9 a.m. Street closures will begin at 11:30 a.m. and the entire route will be secured by 12:30 p.m.
Streets will re-open once the last unit passes. The Parade will step off at 1 p.m.
All streets will be re-opened by 5 p.m.
During the Parade:
- Access to the Sheraton and Dominion Tower Parking Garage will be maintained, but delays are to be expected.
- The Waterside District Valet will not be operational during the parade.
Parking will be removed on Waterside Drive (eastbound and westbound) from approximately 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.