VIRGINIA BEACH — King Neptune’s court is working hard on their upcoming 46th year of events for the city.
From formal galas and wine, food and beer festival, to golf tournaments, volleyball and surfing competitions, all 40-plus events the Neptune Festival hosts in support of local charities and to drive tourism in Hampton Roads culminates in one flagship event at the end of September, officials said.
This year, the 46th Annual Virginia Beach Neptune Festival’s Boardwalk Weekend will be celebrated Sept. 27 through 29.
Here’s this year’s schedule of events:
- Started back in July but there are still a few dates left in this free concert series.
- Aug. 22 and Sept. 5 at 7:30 p.m. at Neptune’s Park at 31st Street and Atlantic Avenue.
- This annual event will feature 65-plus beers from 30 breweries. Live music, exclusive tasting and photo ops included in ticket price.
- Aug. 24 from 1 to 6 p.m. at Neptune’s Park at 31st Street and Atlantic Avenue.
- Seniors ages 62 and older will get a chance to participate in a night of dinner and dancing.
- Sept. 4 from 7 to 10 p.m. at the Virginia Beach Convention Center Ballroom.
- A surf showdown for surfers of all ages, produced by the Eastern Surfing Association. Register by Sept. 5 at 6 p.m. to participate.
- Sept. 7 and 8 at 7:30 a.m. on 2nd Street and the Oceanfront.
- Enjoy the best of Virginia wines and meet the winemakers at this annual event.
- Sept. 15 and 16 from noon to 5 p.m. at Neptune’s Park at 31st Street and Atlantic.
- Close out the summer with live music and dancing by the water — all in support of Toby’s Dream Foundation.
- Sept. 20 from 7 to 11 p.m. at the Cavalier Golf and Yacht Club.
- Celebrate beach life along 34 blocks of non-stop action. Highlights include the top-five nationally ranked Art & Craft Show, extending from 20th through 31st Street and featuring the works of more than 250 artists, a Volleyball Tournament, the Atlantic Sailing Regatta, an 8k Race and a Grand Parade featuring a myriad of floats, marching bands and assorted entertainment. The signature event of the Boardwalk Weekend is the International Sand Sculpting Championship.
- Sept. 27 from noon to 11 p.m., Sept. 28 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
More details about all of these events can be found here.