Virginia’s three day sales tax holiday will begin Aug. 2 at 12:01 a.m. and end Aug. 4 at 11:59 p.m.
During the holiday, residents can buy qualifying school supplies, clothing, footwear, hurricane and emergency preparedness items and Energy Star and WaterSense products without paying sales tax.
Here are the items eligible:
- School supplies, clothing, and footwear
- Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item.
- Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item.
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products
- Portable generators – $1,000 or less per item.
- Gas-powered chainsaws – $350 or less per item.
- Chainsaw accessories – $60 or less per item.
- Other specified hurricane preparedness items – $60 or less per item.
- Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for noncommercial home or personal use – $2,500 or less per item.
For detailed lists of qualifying items and more information for retailers, click here.