Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of July 7 to July 13.
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia.org, download the 511VA smartphone app, or dial 511.
Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel, I-664
- Single-lane closures northbound, July 8, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64
- Single-lane closure eastbound, July 8-12, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closure westbound, July 9, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot exit (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242):
- July 10-11, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. westbound and from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. eastbound
- With assistance from Virginia State Police, there will also be a series of temporary stoppages on I-64 west, lasting no longer than 20 minutes each, for bridge work at the Lakeshead Drive overpass July 11, between midnight and 5 a.m.
- Daytime lane closures under flagger control on Lakeshead Drive at the I-64 overpass, on July 8-12, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- Daytime lane closure under flagger control on Colonial Parkway at the I-64 overpass on July 10-11, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- Daytime lane closure under flagger control on Rochambeau Drive at Bruton High School on July 8-12, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- I-64 alternating single-lane closures both directions between South Military Highway and Greenbrier Parkway:
- July 7-11 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- July 12 from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- July 13 from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Express lanes will be closed, July 8, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Full ramp closure from I-64 west to George Washington Highway (296A), July 10-11, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Slow rolls with stoppages lasting up to 20 minutes and a double lane closure on I-64 west from Jefferson Avenue to J Clyde Morris Boulevard, July 8-9, 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Slow rolls begin at midnight.
- A consecutive full ramp closure from the northbound LaSalle Avenue on-ramp to I-64 east in Hampton continues until summer 2019 for bridge repair work. Find project and detour information here.
- Slow rolls with stoppages lasting up to 20 minutes on I-64 west from Indian River Road to I-264, July 9-12, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Double lane closures on I-64 west from Indian River Road to I-264, July 9-12, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Full ramp closure from I-95 north to US-301(Sussex Drive) until July 12.