NORFOLK — Harborfest is this weekend and starting Thursday the city is closing Waterside Drive to through traffic for the festival.
Motorists are encouraged to use Brambleton Avenue and St. Paul’s Boulevard as alternate routes through late Sunday night.
Harborfest 2019 Street Closures
- All closures are from 10 a.m. Thursday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday unless otherwise noted.
- Southbound – Brambleton Avenue to City Hall Avenue will remain open. The southbound median turn lane will remain open from City Hall Avenue to Plume Street for garage access. The rest of Southbound Boush Street from City Hall Avenue to Main Street will be closed.
- Eastbound – Will be closed from Main Street and Martin’s Lane for event set-up.
- Westbound – Will be closed from Atlantic Street to Main Street for event.
- Southbound – Main Street to Waterside Drive will be closed to through traffic. Southbound access to TowneBank/Prince Books parking lot and the World Trade Center loading dock will be maintained at all times.
- Southbound – Will be closed to through traffic from Main Street to Waterside Drive.
TNC, Rideshare, Uber & Lyft pick-up and drop-off will take place on Commercial Place between Main Street and Waterside Drive.Main Street
Motorcoach and Tour Bus drop-off and pick-up will take place on Main Street between Atlantic Street and Commercial Place in the eastbound parking lane.