VIRGINIA BEACH — City officials are inviting the public to come to “VB Remembers,” an event to remember the victims of Friday’s Municipal Center mass shooting.
It will be on Thursday at 7 p.m. at The Rock Church, 640 Kempsville Road.
For those wanting to donate to the victims, Virginia Beach has asked United Way to partner on this response. The victims affected by the tragedy will receive 100 percent of the funds raised. Please note, because the funds will go directly to individuals, donations are not tax deductible.
Donate by clicking here, or by texting the keyword VABEACH to 41444.
To volunteer in any capacity, city officials are coordinating the effort through Volunteer Hampton Roads.
If you can’t make the event Thursday, here’s a list of remembrances through the week.
- Noon — Courthouse Community UMC, 2708 Princess Anne Road.
- 5 p.m., Coastal Coffee (Compassion Cards), 8418 Tidewater Drive (Norfolk).
- 7 p.m., Courthouse Community UMC, 2708 Princess Anne Road.
- 6 p.m. — Old Dominion University, outside Webb University Center, located at 1526 W. 49th St. (Norfolk).
- 10 a.m. – Memorial walk Virginia Beach victims, families & community at Mount Trashmore Park, 310 Edwin Drive.
For up-to-date info, click here.
- Shooter kills 12 people at city’s Municipal Center; mayor calls it ‘the most devastating day in the history of Virginia Beach’
- Virginia Beach officials ID all 12 victims of Friday mass shooting; shooter was longtime employee and had a security pass
- Mass shooting info slowly coming to light, as Virginia Beach plans for a memorial