NORFOLK — Both the East Coast Music Conference and CHKD’s Runwalk for the Kids is happening this weekend.
That means there will be parking removals and several roads closures.
Here’s a list of what you need to know:
East Coast Music Conference
East Coast Music Conference Block Party will be Friday and Saturday, May 10 and 11, in the NEON District.
On-street parking will be removed on Granby Street between Brambleton Avenue and Starke Street from 10 a.m. to midnight on Friday and Saturday.
Road closures will begin at 11 a.m. both days at Granby Street and Brambleton Avenue intersection, and Starke Street and Granby Street intersection. Road closures should be complete by noon both days.
North and southbound Granby Street from Brambleton Avenue to Starke Street will be closed to traffic (except Greyhound buses getting into the station).
Streets should be back open by midnight following the event.
Click here for a map of street closures.
CHKD’s Runwalk for the kids
CHKD’s RunWalk for the Kids will be Saturday, May 11 from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. The event begins and ends at Waterside District and will consist of the following:
- 7:45 a.m. – 8K Run
- 8:45 a.m. – 2 Mile Walk
- 9:30 a.m. – 1 Mile Fun Run
On-street parking will be removed on the course from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturday. Parking removals include:
- Eastbound and Westbound Waterside Drive
- East side of College Cross between College Place and West Tazewell Street
- All parking on West Tazewell Street between College Cross and Boush Street
- South side of Shirley Avenue between De Bree Avenue and Colley Avenue
- South side of Shirley Avenue between Colonial Avenue and Colley Avenue
- Eastbound Olney Road from Colley Avenue to Mowbray Arch
- All parking on Dunmore Street from West York Street to College Cross
- Northbound side of Colley Avenue between Shirley Avenue and Westover Avenue
- Eastbound Mowbray Arch from Colonial Avenue to Botetourt Street
- Boush Street/Waterside Drive will close from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. for setup of the start lines
- Southbound traffic on Boush Street will be detoured at Freemason
- Westbound traffic from St. Paul’s Boulevard will be detoured north onto Atlantic Street
Streets on the race routes will be closed/restricted until last runner/walker passes.
Maps and schedules are available here.