Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of May 5 to May 11.
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
- Alternating single-lane closures north:
- May 7, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- May 8, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures south, May 6-9, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures east and west May 6-9, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Overnight double-lane closures on I-64 east and west, between west of exit 242 (Route 199) and east of exit 247 (Lee Hall), May 5-10, starting as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Daytime single-lane closures on I-64 east, between west of exit 247 (Lee Hall) and east of exit 242 (Route 199), May 6-10, from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Full ramp closures on I-64 with signed detours in place, May 5-9, starting as early as 7 p.m. at the following ramps: (**All ramps will not be closed at the same time to maintain access to the detour routes.)
- I-64 east and west to Route 60/Busch Gardens (exit 243A)
- I-64 east and west to Route 143 (exit 243B)
- Route 60 on-ramp to I-64 east and west
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 west (exit 242A)
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 east (exit 242B)
- Route 199 east and west on-ramps to I-64 east and west
- I-64 east and west to Yorktown Road/Jefferson Avenue (exit 247)
- Jefferson Avenue (Route 143) on-ramps to I-64 east and west
- Yorktown Road (Route 238) on-ramp to I-64 east
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242):
- May 5, as early as 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- May 6-9, 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. westbound and 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. eastbound
- May 10, 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. westbound and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. eastbound
- Day and nighttime consecutive lane closures under flagger control on Lakeshead Drive at the I-64 overpass, continue for bridge work and Dominion Energy utility relocations. Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- I-64 alternating single-lane closures both directions between South Military Highway and Greenbrier Parkway:
- May 5-9, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- May 10, from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- The 64 Express Lanes will be closed May 6, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- A consecutive full ramp closure from the northbound LaSalle Avenue on-ramp to I-64 east in Hampton continues until summer 2019 for bridge repair work. As of April 24, a full westbound closure is in place on Armistead Avenue beneath the I-64 overpass for up to six weeks. Find project and detour information here.
- Full ramp closure on the I-264 east off-ramp to I-64 west on May 6, from midnight to 4 a.m.
- Full closure of mainline/inside set of I-264 east at I-64 interchange 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. the nights of May 4, 9 & 11. Traffic will be detoured to the collector-distributor road (outside set) of I-264 east. The flyover ramp (Exit 284A) from I-64 east to I-264 east will also close at these times. That traffic will be diverted to Exit 284B.
- Full closure of the on-ramp from Route 58 west to I-664 north May 6-8, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.