NORFOLK — Photographers can participate in the city’s Society for Cemetery Conservation’s Cemeteriescape 2019 contest.
The deadline for the contest has been extended to April 24 and first, second, third places and board choice winners will be on display at a reception at Slover Library on May 21 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The city’s Historic Cemeteriescape is designed to raise awareness of the historical, artistic and cultural value of the city’s historic municipal cemeteries, said NSCC officials.
All funds raised are dedicated to conservation projects in the city’s municipal cemeteries, they said.
Click here to submit a photo.
The criteria are as follows:
- Photos must be cemetery related and taken within any cemetery located in the Hampton Roads area. Photos may be in black and white or color. No photo collages or other forms of artwork will be accepted into the exhibit.
- Photographers may submit as many photos as they’d like. Submission fee is $20 per photo.
- Entries must be a digital copy and uploaded here.
- Save digital files in jpeg format at 96 dpi to 200 dpi and 1600 to 3200 pixel width. Title each image with: Last name, first name, title and cemetery name and location. Do not email photo submissions. Payment for entries must be paid using the PayPal link on the submission page. Only paid submissions will be judged and displayed.
- Submissions must be properly labeled with entry form titles matching photograph titles and sent to Director@NorfolkSocietyforCemeteryConservation.org
- NSCC retains the rights to submissions for future use and sale of photographs.
- Prizes: $1,000 for Best in Show; $500 2nd place; $50-gift card Board Choice Award.
- All photographs will be displayed on the Slover Library Media/Digital Wall. NSCC will print/mat and display award winners at the NSCC reception to be held at the Slover Library.