Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of April 14 to April 20.
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
- Single-lane closures north:
- April 14-16, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures south:
- April 17-18, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures:
- Eastbound April 15-16, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Westbound April 17-18, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
George P. Coleman Bridge, Route 17
- Stoppages of 3-4 minutes possible northbound:
- April 16, from 9 a.m. to noon
- Full ramp closures on I-64 with signed detours in place, April 14-18, starting as early as 7 p.m. at the following ramps: (**All ramps will not be closed at the same time to maintain access to the detour routes.)
- I-64 east and west to Route 60/Busch Gardens (exit 243A)
- I-64 east and west to Route 143 (exit 243B)
- Route 60 on-ramp to I-64 east and west
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 west (exit 242A)
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 east (exit 242B)
- Route 199 east and west on-ramps to I-64 east and west
- I-64 east and west to Yorktown Road/Jefferson Avenue (exit 247)
- Jefferson Avenue (Route 143) on-ramps to I-64 east and west
- Yorktown Road (Route 238) on-ramp to I-64 east
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Colonial Parkway to Lee Hall (exit 247) April 14-19, starting as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242) April 14-18, starting as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Temporary stoppages possible April 14-18 between midnight and 5 a.m.
- Day and nighttime consecutive lane closures under flagger control on Lakeshead Drive at the I-64 overpass, starting as early as next week for bridge work and Dominion Energy utility relocations. Motorist and emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- I-64 single-lane closures both directions between South Military Highway and Greenbrier Parkway, April 14-17, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The 64 Express Lanes will be closed April 15, from 9 a.m. to noon and April 18, from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- A consecutive full ramp closure from the northbound LaSalle Avenue on-ramp to I-64 east continues until summer 2019 for bridge repair work. Starting the week of April 22, a full westbound closure will be in place on Armistead Avenue beneath the I-64 overpass for up to six weeks. Find project and detour information here.
- Full closure of I-264 east collector-distributor road (outside lanes) between Military Highway and Newtown Road. Detour at I-64/264 interchange to Indian River Road. Mainline I-264 east will remain open. (See the full release here.):
- April 12, from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- April 13, from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- April 14-18, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown tunnels): Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58).