VIRGINIA BEACH — The city wants to help its residents celebrate their commitment to bettering the environment by creating a recycling zone drive-through event.
On Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., residents can drive to Mount Trashmore’s parking lot adjacent to the YMCA and drop off recyclable item.
The city asks that residents enter from South Boulevard.
What to bring
The recycling event is co-sponsored by the city’s Parks and Recreation and the city’s Clean Community Commission.
Here’s what they recommend bringing to recycle:
- Electronics recycling – Get rid of those unwanted electronics. View a list of accepted items. Please note they are unable to accept tube televisions at this event. Provided by Goodwill Industries
- Document shredding – Bring personal documents to be shredded for free. Limit six boxes per vehicle. Staples and paper clips do not need to be removed but please no metals, three-ring binders, batteries or plastics. Provided by Eggleston
- Household hazardous waste disposal – No more than five gallons of liquids or 75 pounds of dry chemical can be accepted at this event. Waste should be in original container with labeling intact. View a list of accepted items. Provided by Virginia Beach Public Works Department
- Metals recycling – View a list of accepted items. Provided by Virginia Beach Public Works Department
- Prescription medication – All prescription and over-the-counter medications, including vitamins and veterinary medications. View a list of accepted items. Provided by Virginia Beach Police Department