VIRGINIA BEACH — City Council reviewed the 14 complete applications submitted for the Beach District Council vacancy and shortlisted the five most highly qualified for interviews. They are:
- Leah Malbon Davenport, deputy department head/supervisory attorney, U.S. Navy
- Megin Kennett, client solutions executive, AT&T
- Louisa Strayhorn, CEO, LSA Consulting, Inc.
- Guy King Tower, retired attorney, mediator, educator and association executive
- John E Uhrin, director of operations, Burlage Management Corporation
Each candidate’s application package will be released April 10 for public inspection.
On April 16, residents have the opportunity to provide feedback to the City Council during its regularly scheduled business meeting. Then, on April 23, City Council will interview the selected candidates and, following that, make a decision.
State code authorizes the City Council to fill the vacancy until a special election is scheduled, which will be the first Tuesday in November.
- David Nygaard no longer on City Council after judges rule in lawsuit
- City councilman sues opponent, alleging he did not live in district