Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of March 24 to March 30.
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
- Single-lane closure south, with stoppages up to 20 minutes possible,
- March 25-28, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- March 29, from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- March 30, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- March 31, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures west, March 25-28, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures in both directions on March 25-26, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- UPDATE: Full ramp closure on I-64 west off-ramp to Route 143 (exit 243B):
- March 22, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- March 23, from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Full ramp closures on I-64 with signed detours in place, March 24-28, as follows: (**All ramps will not be closed at the same time to maintain access to the detour routes.)
- I-64 east and west to Route 60/Busch Gardens (exit 243A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 143 (exit 243B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 60 on-ramp to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 west (exit 242A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 east (exit 242B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 199 east and west on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Yorktown Road/Jefferson Avenue (exit 247), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Jefferson Avenue (Route 143) on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Yorktown Road (Route 238) on-ramp to I-64 east, as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Colonial Parkway to Lee Hall (exit 247) March 24-29, starting as early as 8 p.m. until 5 a.m eastbound, and as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. westbound.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- I-64 single-lane closures both directions between South Military Highway and Greenbrier Parkway, March 24-28, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., and March 29, from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- The 64 Express Lanes will be closed:
- March 24, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- March 25-29, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- A consecutive full ramp closure from the northbound LaSalle Avenue on-ramp to I-64 east continues until summer 2019 for bridge repair work. Starting the week of March 19, a full eastbound closure is in place on Armistead Avenue beneath the I-64 overpass for up to six weeks. Find project and detour information here.
- Alternating lane closures on I-95 north and south from Route 58 to Route 301, starting at 9 a.m. on March 25 through 4 p.m. on March 28.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown tunnels): Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58).