VIRGINIA BEACH — In celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, which will be on Sunday, Southside Daily has compiled a selection of events happening around the area.
St. Patrick’s Day at Murphy’s Irish Pub: Doors open at 9 a.m. Sunday with live music after 11 a.m. from Don Bunch, Poehemia, and Jack Becker.
St. Patrick’s Story Time: The Chik-Fil-A on Virginia Beach Boulevard will host a story time in their play area. Children are invited to enjoy picture books brought to life by the restaurant’s “Story Lady,” along with milk and cookies, and a “special craft,” according to their website. This will happen only at the Virginia Beach Boulevard Chick-fil-A location.
St. Paddy’s Party at The Shack: “Get lucky” starting at noon with Brandon Liburd and DJ Be-Eezy! Take advantage of The Shack being open before summer season. This will happen rain or shine, according to their Facebook event.
- St. Patrick’s Day Party at Park Lane Tavern: “Party Like A Leprechaun at the Party of the Year,” according to Park Lane’s website. There will be an Irish Sunday Brunch 10 a.m to 2 p.m., green beer all day long, vintage Guinness glass giveaway at 4 p.m., bagpipe performances, and live music by 1 p.m. Mitch Foutz and Borderline Crazy at 4 p.m.
- Virginia Beach St. Patrick’s Day Irish Stroll: Hosted by Waterman’s at the Oceanfront — this ticketed event includes stops at five Oceanfront bars, as well as drink specials along the way.
- LepreCon VB 2019: Part of the 8th Annual Va Beach Oceanfront St. Patrick’s Day Crawl.
- Luck of the Irish Dealership Poker Run: The Southside Harley Davidson dealership will be hosting motorcycle demonstrations throughout the day. At each demo, attendees will receive a poker card. The person with the best hand at the end of the event will walk away with prize.
- St. Paddy’s Two-Day Event: Starting at 6 p.m. Saturday, Lunasea at the Oceanfront will host a series of bands, DJ sets, and will act as the final stop on the Bar Crawl, according to their website. Sunday they will host a “Retro Video Game Brunch” from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., as well as food and drink specials throughout the day.