Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of Feb. 17 to Feb. 23.
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia, download the 511 smartphone app, or dial 511.
- Single-lane closures east, Feb. 18-19, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closure south, with stoppages up to 20 minutes possible:
- Feb. 18-21, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Feb. 22, 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Feb. 23, 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures north, Feb. 19-21, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Full ramp closures on I-64 with signed detours in place, Feb. 17-21, as follows: (**All ramps will not be closed at the same time to maintain access to the detour routes.)
- I-64 east and west to Route 60/Busch Gardens (exit 243A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 143 (exit 243B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 60 on-ramp to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 west (exit 242A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 east (exit 242B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 199 east and west on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Yorktown Road/Jefferson Avenue (exit 247), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Jefferson Avenue (Route 143) on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Yorktown Road (Route 238) on-ramp to I-64 east, as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Traffic shifts are scheduled to begin overnight starting Feb. 21, on I-64 west, starting from the western project limits (near exit 242) and working towards the eastern project limits (near exit 247) over the next two weeks. Traffic will be shifted to the right and center travel lanes.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Colonial Parkway to Lee Hall (exit 247) Feb. 17-22, starting as early as 8 p.m. until 5 a.m eastbound, and as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. westbound.
- Single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242), Feb. 17-21, starting as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- Lane closures under flagger control at the I-64 overpasses on:
- Lakeshead Drive, Feb. 15, and 18-20, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Colonial Parkway, Feb. 18-22, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- I-64 single-lane closures both directions between South Military Highway and Battlefield Boulevard, Feb. 18-21 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., and Feb. 22 from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- The 64 Express Lanes will be closed to traffic:
- Feb. 21, 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Feb. 23, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Full ramp closure at the Witchduck Road on-ramp to I-264 east on Feb. 17-21, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating lane closures north and south, from Skipper’s Road to U.S. 58, Feb. 18-21, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown tunnels): Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58).