Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of Jan. 27 to Feb. 2.
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia, download the 511 smartphone app, or dial 511.
- Alternating single-lane closures east and west, Jan. 28-29, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64
- Single-lane closures east, Jan. 28-31, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- UPDATE: Single lane closures Jan. 25-26, from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m.:
- East, from Route 60 Busch Gardens exit (exit 243A) to Route 238 Yorktown Road (exit 247)
- West, from Route 238 Yorktown Road (exit 247) to Route 143 west (exit 243B)
- Full ramp closures on I-64 with signed detours in place, Jan. 27-31, as follows: (**All ramps will not be closed at the same time to maintain access to the detour routes.)
- I-64 east and west to Route 60/Busch Gardens (exit 243A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 143 (exit 243B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 60 on-ramp to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 west (exit 242A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 east (exit 242B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 199 east and west on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Yorktown Road/Jefferson Avenue (exit 247), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Jefferson Avenue (Route 143) on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Yorktown Road (Route 238) on-ramp to I-64 east, as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Colonial Parkway to Lee Hall (exit 247) Jan. 27-31, starting as early as 8 p.m. until 5 a.m eastbound, and as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. westbound.
- Daytime partial ramp closures (ramp narrows) on Feb. 1, from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the following ramps:
- I-64 east on-ramp from Yorktown Road (Route 238)
- I-64 west off-ramp to Yorktown Road (Route 238)
- Lane closures under flagger control on Yorktown Road, Penniman Road and Jefferson Avenue at the I-64 overpasses on Jan. 27-Feb. 2, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242), Jan. 27-31, starting as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- Lane closures under flagger control on Lakeside Drive and Colonial Parkway at the I-64 overpasses on Jan. 28-Feb. 1, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- Feb. 2, from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- I-64 single-lane closures both directions between South Military Highway and Battlefield Boulevard, Jan. 28-Feb. 2, 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. (and until 7 a.m. on Feb. 2).
- Traffic on I-264 east and west between the Newtown Road and Witchduck Road exits will be slowed for up to 15 minutes about once per hour between 6 a.m. and 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 26, and Sunday, Jan. 27, for Dominion Energy power line work over the interstate. Temporary stoppages at the nearby on-ramps will also take place during this time. For more information, view the traffic alert here.
- I-464 north off-ramp to I-64 east closed, Jan. 27-31, 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating lane closures north and south, from Skipper’s Road to U.S. 58, Jan. 28-31, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown tunnels): Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58).