NORFOLK — Selden Market just announced its new incubator tenant as well as its new and returning pop-ups on the weekends and during events this winter season.
For All Handkind, Selden Market’s newest incubator tenant, is a retailer featuring a collection of more than 20 artists with handmade, fair trade and locally sourced goods.
For All Handkind’s mission is to support new and emerging makers and their practice by giving them a platform to sell handmade goods.
Five percent of each artist’s sales goes to a charity of their choice, according to Selden Market’s news release.
The addition of Hillary Davenport Designs and Natejer Botanicals expands the selections at Selden Market.
For All Handkind has been a pop-up since the opening in 2017, and it also has a storefront in MacArthur Center in Norfolk.
“We love the maker community that exists at Selden Market, and we are excited to bring our hands-on workshops to the space,” said For All Handkind owner Kimberly McKinnis.
Selden Market also welcomes Chef Anne Galante’s The Stockpot this month with its new Norfolk location.
The impressive storefront restaurant will anchor the historic Selden Arcade on Plume Street serving its signature soups and broths as well as other breakfast, lunch and dinner options.
The Stockpot will also feature wine, beer and cocktails to enjoy at a wrap-around bar.
In addition to storefront tenants, Selden Market features a rotating lineup of pop-up businesses.
The winter schedule adds several weekly and monthly pop-ups beginning in February including:
- Pilgrim Bread – fresh baked bread
- JackEats – desserts and Filipino fusion
- Handsome & Humble – quality men’s gifts
- The Purple Chickadee – handmade jewelry and accessories
- Nayadava Designs – beauty and personal care products
- Kendell Maliki – custom men’s clothier
- S’mores Amore (returning) – creative s’mores in flavors you’ve never tasted
Guests can expect many new and returning pop-ups on weekends and during events this winter season.
Follow Selden Market’s Facebook page for information on upcoming pop-ups and schedules.
Key Upcoming Events & Activities:
- Plus Plus Workshop with POP Kids Store Jan. 26, 10 a.m. to noon.
- Sweetheart Saturday Feb. 9, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Mini Vintage Sunday: Valentine’s Edition Feb. 10, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Valentine’s Day Dinner with Slide Thru #FAM Feb. 14, 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Norfolk Theatre Festival with Generic Theatre presenting Shakespeare’s The Comedy of Errors, Feb. 15 at 8 p.m.; Feb. 16 at 8 p.m.; Feb. 17 at 6 p.m.
- Girl Scout Cookie Sales every Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 17 – March 17
- Bhav Brigade Donation Based Yoga Feb. 17, 11 a.m. (every 3rd Sunday)
- Black History Celebration and African Art Show Feb. 23, noon to 5 p.m.
- Design(er) Con and Fashion Show March 2, noon to 5 p.m.
- Vintage Sunday: Spring Quarterly March 10, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The market’s hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. A list of storefront tenants and any additional hours can be found by visiting the Selden Market website.
“It’s an interesting and crucial time for retailers, and we’re proud to be able to support and celebrate emerging small businesses in our community in a diverse and welcoming atmosphere,” said Careyann Weinberg, market director.