Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of Jan. 20 to Jan 26.
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia, download the 511 smartphone app, or dial 511.
- Single-lane closure west, Jan. 25, 9 a.m. to noon.
- UPDATE: Full ramp closure on I-64 west off-ramp to Route 143 (exit 243B) on Jan. 18, from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning. Signed detour in place.
- Full ramp closures on I-64 with signed detours in place, Jan. 20-24, as follows:
- I-64 east and west to Route 60/Busch Gardens (exit 243A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 143 (exit 243B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 60 on-ramp to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 west (exit 242A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 east (exit 242B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 199 east and west on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Yorktown Road/Jefferson Avenue (exit 247), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Jefferson Avenue (Route 143) on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Yorktown Road (Route 238) on-ramp to I-64 east, as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- Single-lane closure east, Jan. 19-25, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Jan. 19, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Jan. 21, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Jan. 26, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- I-64 single-lane closures both directions between South Military Highway and Great Bridge Boulevard, Jan. 22-26, 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. (and until 7 a.m. on Jan. 26)
- I-64 west off-ramp (Exit 292A) to Great Bridge Boulevard flagger control for trucks entering site, Jan. 21-26, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Traffic will be slowed and possibly stopped Jan. 26 between 5 a.m. and 11 a.m. Motorists should expect delays.
- I-264 west between Rosemont Road and Newtown Road.
- I-264 east between Ballentine Boulevard and Witchduck Road
- Weekend closure of I-64 west ramp to I-264 east (Exit 284B) and I-264 east exit to Newtown Road (Exit 15A): 7 p.m. Jan. 18 to 5 a.m. Jan. 21, weather permitting. See release for detour details.
- I-464 north off-ramp to I-64 east closed, Jan. 27-31, 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-95 north ramp (Exit 11B) to U.S. 58 west closed, Jan. 24, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown tunnels): Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58).