Martin Luther King Jr. Day is on Monday, Jan. 21 and the following facilities will be closed in Norfolk and Virginia Beach.
The following Virginia Beach facilities will be closed on Monday.
- All City of Virginia Beach offices
- All Virginia Beach community recreation centers and staffed parks
- All Virginia Beach public libraries
- All Virginia Beach city public schools and administration offices
- Lynnhaven House, Thoroughgood House and Princess Anne County Training School/Union Kempsville High School Museum
- Sandler Center for the Performing Arts & Box Office
- TCC/City of Virginia Beach Joint-Use Library closed Jan. 20 & 21
- Virginia Beach Convention Center administrative offices
- Virginia Beach Landfill and Resource Recovery Center
- Visitor Center – Chesapeake Bay Center at First Landing State Park
- Visitor Information Center – Parks Avenue
The following facilities will be open to the public on Monday:
- Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Virginia Beach Animal Care & Adoption Center: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Virginia Beach Farmers Market: Office Closed – Vendors Open: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For information regarding city services and information, please contact VB311 Citizen Services by dialing 311 or visit www.VBgov.com for online assistance.
The city’s government offices, including City Hall, will be closed on Monday in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
The closures include libraries and recreation centers.
Offices will reopen at regular business hours on Tuesday.
The Consolidated Courts Complex, the Commissioner of the Revenue, the Treasurer’s Office and the Norfolk Department of Public Health will close Monday in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Day.
Those offices will also reopen at regular business hours on Tuesday.
The Household Hazardous Waste and E-waste site will be closed Monday and will reopen on Tuesday.
Residents can drop-off unwanted E-waste at the Division of Towing and Recovery at 1188-A Lance Road, 24-hours a day and seven days a week.
For more information, visit www.norfolk.gov.