VIRGINIA BEACH — The Virginia Aquarium will be hosting their semi-annual E-Cycling event where anyone can drop off electronic recyclable and household hazardous waste items for proper disposal.
The aquarium is working in partnership with Goodwill Industries, the City of Virginia Beach and TFC Recycling to offer this event on Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon at the Virginia Aquarium East Parking Lot.
There is no fee to drop off items, but donations are always appreciated said the aquarium’s event page.
- Personal computers and laptops
- Telephones, cellphones and PDAs
- Circuit boards and components
- Monitors and flat screens
- Fax machines
- Stereo equipment and game systems
- Regular recycling materials such as newspapers, bottles and cans will also be accepted.
- Up to five gallons of liquids or up to 75 pounds of dry materials
- Aerosol spray cans
- Automotive fluids
- Batteries: Alkaline (AA, AAA, C, D), boat, car, camera, cellphone, hearing aid, lead acid, lithium, rechargeable, trucks
- Household cleaners
- Gasoline (up to 5 gallons)
- Pool chemicals
- Light bulbs – small quantities of CFLs or fluorescent tubes
- Oil and water based paint
- Propane tanks (small – up to 20 lb. capacity)