Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of Jan. 6 to Jan 12.
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia, download the 511 smartphone app, dial 511 or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680AM.
- Single-lane closures south/north Jan. 7, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- UPDATE: Full ramp closure on Yorktown Road on-ramp to I-64 east Jan. 4-5, from 10 p.m. until 7 a.m. the following morning. Signed detour in place.
- Full ramp closures on I-64 with signed detours in place, Jan. 6-10, as follows:
- I-64 east and west to Route 60/Busch Gardens (exit 243A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 143 (exit 243B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 60 on-ramp to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 west (exit 242A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 east (exit 242B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 199 east and west on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Yorktown Road/Jefferson Avenue (exit 247), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Jefferson Avenue (Route 143) on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Yorktown Road (Route 238) on-ramp to I-64 east, as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
**Detour signs will be in place. All ramps will not be closed at the same time to maintain access to the detour routes.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel
- Single-lane closure east, Jan. 5-8, and Jan. 11, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- RESCHEDULED: Weekend closure of I-64 west ramp to I-264 east (Exit 284B) and I-264 east exit to Newtown Road (Exit 15A): 7 p.m. Jan. 11 to 5 a.m. Jan. 14, weather permitting. See release for detour details.
- Single-lane closure north, Jan. 7-8, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closure south, Jan. 9-10, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown tunnels): Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58).