Hampton Roads Transit announced there will be the following delays for buses, ferries and light rails starting Wednesday:
- Wednesday, Sept. 12: Light Rail and Ferry service will be temporarily discontinued.
- Wednesday, Sept. 12 noon: Virginia Beach WAVE Routes 30 & 35 will be temporarily discontinued.
- Wednesday, Sept. 12 midnight: Downtown Norfolk, Silverleaf, Newport News, and Hampton Transit Centers will close. Will tentatively re-open Monday, Sept. 17 during normal business hours.
- Thursday, Sept. 13: Fixed bus route service and Paratransit service will temporarily discontinued. Hampton Roads Transit tentatively will resume service on Monday, Sept. 17 based on weather condition.
HRT expects to resume regular service on Monday based on conditions along its numerous routes. HRT will announce its service plan by Sunday at 2 p.m.
Paratransit customers are encouraged not to schedule trips beginning Wednesday and to make other transportation arrangements through Monday.
All Administrative offices will close Thursday and will re-open Monday during normal business hours.
Downtown Norfolk, Silverleaf, Newport News, and Hampton Transit Centers will close midnight, Wednesday and will tentatively re-open Monday during normal business hours.
- Northam orders mandatory evacuation for high-risk areas of Hampton Roads
- Virginia Beach prepares as Hurricane Florence strengthens to Category 4
- Navy directs Norfolk ships to ‘sortie’ ahead of Hurricane Florence. Here’s what that entails
- Here’s what you need to know about preparing for Hurricane Florence
- Hampton Roads home prices drop following severe weather event, research shows
- Here’s more info on shelters and other hurricane preparations in Virginia Beach