VIRGINIA BEACH — Here’s a list of the 10 highest-paid employees within the Virginia Beach City Public School system, according to a document obtained through a FOIA request.
Salaries are per year and do not include fringe benefits.
- Aaron Spence, division superintendent: $249,765
- Farrell Hanzaker, chief financial officer: $193,617
- Ramesh Kapoor, chief information officer: $186,736
- John Mirra, chief human resource officer: $179,682
- Marc Bergin, superintendent chief of staff: $172,000
Related story: Top 10 highest paid employees of the City of Virginia Beach
- Natalie Allen, chief communications officer: $167,000 (start date: Oct. 1)
- Donald Robertson Jr., chief schools officer, $167,000
- Kipp Rogers, chief academic officer: $167,000 (start date: Sept. 10)
- John Freeman, chief operations officer: $160,000 (start date: Oct. 8)
- Dale Holt, principal at Linkhorn Park Elementary School (former chief of operations): $152,381
Their combined annual salaries total nearly $1.8 million.