VIRGINIA BEACH — Lamont Johnson, the man accused of killing the mother of his children and stuffing her body in a bag, withdrew his request for a bond hearing Tuesday.
The 41-year-old Virginia Beach man also did not appear in court. He was arraigned Monday on a charge of second-degree murder in connection with death of his ex-girlfriend, Bellamy Gamboa.
He also is charged with four counts of contributing to delinquency, abuse of a child.
Johnson is being held in the Virginia Beach city jail without bond. He was assigned a public defender.
Johnson allegedly confessed to choking Gamboa during a fight July 1, the last time she was last seen. He also told investigators he pushed Gamboa down the stairs and fell on her, according to court papers filed in the case.
Johnson also allegedly admitted to placing Gamboa in a bag and “taking her to Chesapeake.”
Her body has not been found.
Gamboa, 40, was reported missing July 1. She was last seen at 10 p.m. at her apartment in the Diamond Springs area.
- Man charged in missing mother’s death told police how he killed her, court papers say
- Missing Virginia Beach woman’s ex-boyfriend booked on second-degree murder, other charges Sunday
- Who is Bellamy Gamboa? The search continues for Virginia Beach woman missing since July 1
- The FBI is assisting in the search for Bellamy Gamboa, who may have been abducted
- Police: Missing Virginia Beach woman may have been abducted