VIRGINIA BEACH — For those seeking out good karma in the world, a local Buddhist temple is opening its doors to people interested in learning more about the eastern religion.
The Dong Hung Temple – Buddhist Education Center is hosting a free, one-day retreat on July 14. The retreat is designed to “introduce people to the teachings of the Buddha as well as to enhance the knowledge of people already practicing the Dharma,” according to the temple’s website. The retreat is also a family-friendly event.
It’s free, but requires an RSVP and also includes a vegetarian lunch, according to the temple’s website. Visitors are welcome to spend all or part of the day.
- 9 a.m. – Welcome, introductions, review schedule.
- 9:15 a.m. – Guided meditation followed by Dharma talk.
- 10:30 a.m. – Metta meditation followed by Dharma talk.
- 12 p.m. – Vegetarian meal and personal time conducted in silence.
- 1 p.m. – Walking meditation followed by Dharma talk.
- 2:15 p.m. – Meditation followed by Dharma talk.
- 3:15 p.m. – Entertainment (acoustic instruments, drum circle).
- 4 p.m. – Tea service and wrap up discussion.
- 4:30 p.m. – Adjourn.
For information call or text Mark Palamara at 757-406-1726 or send an email to email@example.com.