VIRGINIA BEACH — Construction and maintenance will affect commuters this week, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Here are the major lane closures coming to interstates in Virginia Beach and Norfolk this week:
I-64/Northampton Boulevard (U.S. 13) Interchange: Norfolk
- Single-lane closure I-64 west at Northampton Boulevard April 9-10 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Dual-lane closure I-64 west at Northampton Boulevard April 12 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. April 13.
Full ramp closures (signed detours will be in place)
- I-64 west on-ramp from Northampton Boulevard south, closed April 9 and 11 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. April 10.
- I-64 west off-ramp to Northampton Boulevard, closed April 9-10 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
I-64/I-264 Interchange: Norfolk and Virginia Beach
- I-264 east ramp (outside set of lanes) to I-64 east closed April 9-12, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closure on I-264 east ramp (inside set of lanes) to I-64 west April 10-13, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures I-264 west, outside set of lanes, from Newtown Road to I-64 interchange: April 13-14 from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. and April 14-15 from 11 p.m. to 9 a.m.
I-264 closures: Virginia Beach
- Single-lane closures I-264 in both directions from the Old Toll Plaza to South Plaza Trail overpass April 9-15, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures I-264 east from the Virginia Beach Boulevard overpass to First Colonial Road April 9-15, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Full ramp closures: Signed detours will be in place.
- I-264 east off-ramp to First Colonial Road north closed April 8-15, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Rosemont south on-ramp to I-264 east closed April 8-15, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Rosemont north on-ramp to I-264 west closed April 8-15, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Streets under interstates in Virginia Beach
- Single-lane closures in both directions on Rosemont Road under I-264 April 9-15, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closure in both directions on First Colonial Road under I-264 April 9-15, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
VDOT encourages motorists know about lane closures and traffic conditions by itlizing these free tools:
- Download the 511 smartphone app, for Apple or Android phones
- Visit the 511 Virginia website
- Dial 511 for traffic information on your phone
- Listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680AM