VIRGINIA BEACH — The Shamrock Marathon weekend is set to bring around 30,000 visitors and locals to the Oceanfront in the name of fitness and Irish heritage.
Runners will be participating in its several races or listen to many of its lectures from guest speakers, including sixth-generation brewer Jennifer Yuengling.
Residents, Oceanfront business patrons and employees may have limited access to the area during the events on Saturday and Sunday.
Here’s a list of this weekend’s road closures at the Oceanfront, according to the Shamrock Marathon Weekend’s resort special event notice.
• 25th Street to 35th Street will close from 5:30 to 9:30 a.m.
• Rudee Loop to 25th Street from 7 to 9:30 a.m
• 25th Street to 35th Street from 5:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• 35th Street to 38th Street from 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Motorists traveling northbound on Pacific Avenue will be detoured at 25th Street until 11:30 a.m.
• Drivers heading southbound on Pacific will be detoured at 35th Street until 1 p.m.
• Westbound lanes from the Fort Story West Gate to Atlantic Avenue and 83rd Street will close from 4 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Pacific Avenue/Atlantic Avenue
• 37th Street to 47th Street from 4 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Shore Drive and 83rd Street down to 47th Street will close from 4 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• The Fort Story East Gate to 47th Street will close from 4 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• 41st Street to 35th Street from 5:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• 35th Street to 22nd street from 4 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• 22nd Street to 9th Street from 4 to 10 a.m.
• 9th Street to Rudee Loop from 4 a.m. to 12 p.m.
General Booth Boulevard
• Northbound lanes from 5th Street to Prosperity Road from 4 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• General Booth Boulevard to Camp Pendleton from 4 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Follow Justin on Twitter @justinbmmj or contact him at Justin@Southsidedaily.com.