No injuries reported in Monday night Norfolk fire

Southsidedaily.com is your source for free local news and information in Virginia Beach

NORFOLK – Firefighters extinguished a blaze, believed to have been started by an electrical junction box, in a Norfolk home on Monday night.

Dispatchers were notified of the residential fire in the 1300 block of Bolling Avenue around 10:30 p.m. Engine Company 7 arrived on scene four minutes later as smoke could be seen coming from the attic of the two-story home. Two adults were outside of the home when firefighters arrived, officials said.

Firefighters entered the home and searched the attic, where they found smoke and flames. Crews put the fire out in about ten minutes, officials said. Only the roof of the home was damaged.

Officials said during an investigation, firefighters found an electrical junction box in the home’s attic that is believed to have started the fire. Officials deemed the fire accidental and electrical in nature.