Southsidedaily.com is your source for free local news and information in Virginia Beach
Forget the pub – Virginia Beach will see a franchise crawl this week.
The International Franchise Association, a franchise promoter, is hosting a roundtable discussion Tuesday, Aug. 30 in Norfolk with local business owners and community leaders on franchise opportunities for veterans. The discussion will be followed by a “franchise crawl” in Virginia Beach.
IFA aims to increase franchisee membership and inform and influence the legislative, regulatory and public policy decisions that impact franchising, according to the association’s strategic plan.
The panel, at 500 East Main St., Suite 700, in Norfolk, will begin at 10 a.m. and include:
- Robert Cresanti, president and CEO, International Franchise Association
- Marc Steiner, Consultant, FranNet
- John Hewitt, Founder and CEO, Liberty Tax Service Inc.
- Chris Grandpre, Chairman and CEO, Outdoor Living Brands Inc.
- Tommy Crisler, Franchisee, Liberty Tax Service
In Virginia Beach, the franchise crawl will start at 4500 Main St. at 12:15 p.m. It will include visits to Jimmy John’s and Cold Stone Creamery.