VIRGINIA BEACH – If you used Ticketmaster between 1999 and 2013, you might have some free concert ticket vouchers waiting for you online.
The ticket distributor is granting free vouchers to hundreds of Live Nation shows — including acts such as Joan Jett, Def Leppard and Snoop Dogg — as part of a settlement to a class action lawsuit.
Hampton Roads residents will likely face a long drive to get to any of those concerts, however. Ticketmaster listed 262 shows as of Wednesday afternoon that could be accessed with its settlement vouchers, and none was in Virginia. Some media outlets on Tuesday reported eligible shows in Virginia Beach, but by Wednesday, the closest concerts on Ticketmaster’s list were in Maryland and North Carolina.
The lawsuit freeing up the tickets, Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster, was filed in 2013 and alleges the ticket-seller didn’t fully disclose all aspects of some of the fees it charged customers. As a part of the settlement, Ticketmaster is providing the vouchers to certain shows between now and May 2017.
The company also agreed to give members of the suit as many as 17 credits worth $2.25 each toward future purchases, and the same number of $5 vouchers toward UPS delivery of tickets.
Customers can log in to Ticketmaster and look for a link to “Active Vouchers” in their account info to see if any vouchers were sent to them as a result of the settlement.
Following is a list of the closest eligible shows to Hampton Roads as of June 22. Live Nation’s “settlement information site” says the list will be periodically updated.
Maryland: all shows at The Filmore Silver Spring.
- Slippery When Wet – A Bon Jovi Tribute. 8 p.m., July 8.
- The Smoker’s Club presents Cam’Ron with special guests. 8 p.m., July 10.
- Devin Townsend Project/Between the Buried and Me. 8 p.m., Sept 13.
- Gojira. 8 p.m., Sept. 21.
- Boyce Avenue. 7 p.m., Sept. 27.
- Jeremih. 7:30 p.m., Oct. 2.
- Blue October. 8 p.m. Oct. 9.
- Skillet. 7:30 p.m., Oct. 13.
- Kongos. 8 p.m., Oct. 14.
- Swithchfoot & Relient K. 7 p.m., Oct. 26.
- Streetlight Manifesto. 6 p.m., Oct. 30.
- Sonata Arctica. 5 p.m. Nov. 7.
- Rumours- A Tribute To Fleetwood Mac. 9 p.m., July 15 at The Filmore in Charlotte.
- Dierks Bentley. 7 p.m., July 22. at the Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek in Raleigh.
- Kool & The Gang. 7 p.m., July 22 at the PNC Music Pavilion in Charlotte.
- Kool & The Gang. 7 p.m., July 23 at the Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek in Raleigh.
- Gwen Stefani. 7 p.m., July 24 at the Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek in Raleigh.
- Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa. 7 p.m., July 26 at the Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek in Raleigh.
- Counting Crows & Rob Thomas. 6:45 p.m., July 28 at the Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek in Raleigh.
- Def Leppard. 7 p.m., Aug. 13 at the Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek in Raleigh.
- TOUR DE COMPADRES. 7 p.m., Aug 18 at the Charlotte Metro Credit Union Amphitheater.
- Keith Urban. 7:30 p.m., Aug 19 at the Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek in Raleigh.
- Face 2 Face – A Tribute Elton John & Billy Joel. 9 p.m., Aug 2o at The Filmore in Charlotte.
- On the Border. 9 p.m., Aug 26 at The Ritz in Raleigh.
- Strutter a Tribute to Kiss. 9 p.m., Sept. 10 at The Ritz in Raleigh.
- Heart with Joan Jett & The Blackhearts and Cheap Trick. 6:30 p.m., Sept 14 at the Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek.
- Brad Paisley. 7:30 p.m., Sept 18 at the Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek.
South Carolina: all shows at the House of Blues Myrtle Beach.
- Rumours – A Tribute to Fleetwood Mac. 7:3o p.m., July 2.
- The Wildflowers – A Tribute to Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. 7:30 p.m., July 9.
- Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine. 7:30 p.m., July 15.
- Cowboy – The Ultimate Kid Rock Tribute. 7:30 p.m., July 22.
- Who’s Bad – The Ultimate Michael Jackson Experience. 7:30 p.m., Aug. 6.
- Zoso – A Tribute to Led Zeppelin. 7:30 p.m., Sept. 4.